top of page
Reports to the immigration

There are various cases where you need make reports to the immigration. In most cases you need to do so within 14 days.
Missing any of them might affect your visa status, especially in Permanent Residency application.  
Failure of address change report for more than 90 days might result in visa cancelation. 

When you need to make reports to the immigration?

About yourself:

  • Change of address

  • Divorce if your visa is "Spouse of a Japanese" "Spouse of a Permanent Resident" or "Dependent"

About company you work for or you manage:

  • When you quit work

  • When you start working for a new company

  • Change of company name

  • Change of company address

About school you go to:

  • When you quit school

  • When you enter a new school

  • Change of school name

  • Change of school address

How to report?

2. by post

  • Fill out the appropriate form downloaded from the immigration website.

  • Send the completed form with a copy of your residence card to:

         14F, Yotsuya Tower
         1-6-1 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0004 
         Tokyo Immigration Bureau 
          Residency Investigation Section 
 Notification Reception Section

       Note: Write "Notification document enclosed" or "NOTIFICATION ENCLOSED"

                 in red on the front of the envelope

Contact us if you need our support.

bottom of page